Colourful Summery Vegetarian
A marquee attached to the bride's family home, incorporating flower beds & vines. Long banquet style tables bursting with colourful flowers and napkins. A glasshouse converted into a bar for the evening's festivities. Brightly coloured lanterns hung from the trees.
This wedding breakfast was completely vegetarian, and with no meat to hide behind the vegetables had to step up and take centre stage. The focus was on freshness, quality, colour and of course flavour.
To start (plated):
- Salad of mixed leaves with goat cheese, toasted crumbled walnuts & pomegranate seeds with a pomegranate & honey dressing
Main course (hybrid of plated & family style):
- Rainbow vegetable terrine with a tomato & roasted garlic sauce
- Warm roasted root vegetables with a soy & maple glaze
- French beans & mange tout with toasted hazelnuts & orange
- Multicoloured tomato salad with chives, spring onions, extra virgin olive oil & Maldon salt (pictured)
- Natural Bread Company breads
Dessert (family style):
- Pavlovas with Chantilly cream, fresh strawberries & honey mango puree
- Tarte au citron
In the evening:
- Flourless chocolate & almond wedding cake