Afternoon Tea Canapés and Sharing Pies
This reception had a very English feel to it. Pimms was served on the lawn behind the manor house, and afternoon tea in miniature was passed for the guests to nibble on: finger sandwiches, mini quiche Lorraine, leek & parmesan tartlets, mini scones with jam & cream.
A walk down the perfectly manicured lawn led to the marquee set on the edge of a wood, where the family style wedding breakfast was served.
- Baskets of crostini and rustic breads served with:
- Home cured beetroot stained gravadlax with dill & mustard cream cheese
- Mozzarella with extra virgin olive oil, lemon zest & chilli flakes (pictured)
- Beetroot, feta & mint dip
- Vine tomatoes with extra virgin olive oil, Maldon salt & fresh basil
- Chicken, chorizo & roasted pepper pie with a filo crust
- Sweet potato, wild mushroom & spinach pie with a puff pastry crust (V)
- New potatoes with parsley butter
- Green beans & mangetout with toasted hazelnuts & orange
- Mixed leaves with pomegranate seeds and a pomegranate & honey dressing
- Village fete style cakes, bars & biscuits served with cream & raspberry coulis
Evening cheese feast:
- A cheese wedding cake with a selection of fruits, biscuits, bread & chutneys